Investing and Portfolio Diversification
- 05/17/2013 The benefits of using a reputable stock broker: The world of the stock market is an ever-changing landscape, with new investment opportunities arising everyday that can change a person's finances forever.
- 05/10/2013 Investors should take media advice with a grain of salt: Chuck Jaffe, a senior columnist for MarketWatch, recently issued a report encouraging investors to beware of advice from the media.
- 05/06/2013 Research paper shows the cost of financial literacy: Annamaria Lusardi from the George Washington University School of Business and Olivia Mitchell from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School recently published Financial Literacy and High-Cost Borrowing in the United States for the the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- 04/29/2013 Investors cautious, but optimistic in 2013: The Gross Domestic Product grew during the first quarter of 2013, but it was less than experts anticipated, causing most U.S. stocks to fall.
- 04/25/2013 Investing just like the NFL Draft: Tonight is the NFL Draft and that means football teams across America will be making multi-million dollar decisions on who is the best player to add to their team.
- 04/24/2013 Investors beware: New high tech business have to jump through more financial hoops: A new study provides some insight for investors looking to decide whether they should invest in high tech business, or non-technology businesses operated by African Americans, Latinos or women.
- 04/09/2013 Hedge fund cuts lowest since October 2008: Hedge fund managers are reassessing which commodities they are planning to invest in within the coming months.
- 04/08/2013 Facebook to potentially release its own smartphone: In an effort to remain the top used social media website in the world, Facebook insiders recently announced the company has plans to release an Android smartphone for its users.
- 02/14/2013 Ways to successfully manage an investment portfolio: If retail traders are interested in preserving their portfolio value, there are several tricks that might help them do just that.
- 02/13/2013 Online investment management gaining popularity: Recent reports suggest that there is good news for individuals who prefer to keep up with their investments online.
- 02/07/2013 Blackberry releases two new phones to compete with Apple, Google: After multipledelays and design issues, RIM, the owner of Blackberry, recently released two new smartphones that will run on the company's newly designed Blackberry Z10 operating system.
- 01/17/2013 California Monterey Shale has most U.S. black gold: Many investors are salivating over California oil production, as the large amount of shale oil could slingshot the state as the country's leading oil producer.
- 01/09/2013 Corporations affected by fiscal cliff in Q4: The fiscal cliff weighed heavily on the minds of chief financial officers as they made decisions in the fourth quarter of 2012.
- 01/07/2013 Super Bowl ad cost breaks record: Super Bowl advertising is big business and that is no different this year.
- 12/20/2012 Kodak patents up for grabs: Apple, Google and Research In Motion were all members of a consortium that recently agreed to purchase patents from the bankrupt Eastman Kodak.
- 12/19/2012 Travel industry plays pivotal role in world economy: David Huether, senior vice president of research and economics at the U.S. Travel Association, recently issued a letter showing that U.S. exports fell by $6.8 billion in October while imports fell $4.9 billion on a month over month comparison.
- 12/18/2012 Oil rises as talks continue on fiscal cliff: Oil rose for the third consecutive day on the New York Mercantile Exchange, as an agreement between bipartisan Washington is expected to be made on the fiscal cliff, which will put in place spending cuts and tax increases at the beginning of next year.
- 12/17/2012 iPhone takes back Google maps: After the iPhone 5 was released there was an uproar about the new phone's mapping application, which was created in house.
- 12/14/2012 Dairy Queen offers Heisman winner Manziel a job: Dairy Queen, the ice cream company owned by Berkshire Hathaway, recently invited the Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel to work in one of the company's outlets.
- 12/12/2012 Google avoided $2 billion in taxes last year: Google avoided nearly $2 billion in income taxes across the globe throughout 2011.
- 12/10/2012 Jobs reports show economy recovered from Sandy: The U.S. economy saw the unemployment rate fall and job growth increase in November, reaching a four-year low and indicating a recovery is underway.
- 12/07/2012 Report forecasts upward trends in retail: A recent report indicates consumer spending will go up in 2013 as a shift in retail markets is expected to occur, granted the report and U.S. voters are correct in assuming a decision on the fiscal cliff will not lead to a recession.
- 12/05/2012 Consumer credit card debt hampering holiday spending: myFICO, the consumer division of FICO, recently issued a survey indicating that credit card debt continues to weigh on consumer finances as the new year approaches.
- 12/03/2012 Americans not saving for retirement: According to a survey from Capital One ShareBuilder of more than 1,000 people age 18 and older, 54 percent plan to retire by age 65 but 36 percent of them are not putting money aside for a retirement plan.
- 11/30/2012 Americans unsure on buying cause-related gifts, but they expect businesses to offer them: Many companies are including cause marketing into their selling strategies, especially throughout the holiday season, when the marketing is at its height. But whether the strategy translates into sales is yet to be established.
- 11/29/2012 Entrepreneurs lively in 2011: The 2011 Global Entrepreneurship Monitor U.S. Report released recently by Babson College and Baruch College examined entrepreneurship in the United States and found a enlivened entrepreneurial spirt.
- 11/26/2012 Cyber Monday more like Cyber Weekend: The Monday following the Thanksgiving weekend has been dubbed Cyber Monday due to the extension of sales offered by U.S. retailers following Black Friday, and is associated with the largest shopping weekend of the year.
- 11/21/2012 Most Americans won't hit stores on Black Friday: Black Friday might not be the same as it has been in the past, as a recent poll indicates.
- 11/21/2012 Banks offering homeowners consumer relief: Joseph Smith, monitor of the National Mortgage Settlement, recently released a report showing bank-related consumer relief activities conducted after March 1, 2012.
- 11/08/2012 McDonald's sales fall for the first time in nine years: McDonalds is the world's largest restaurant chain and has seen sales increases for the last nine years, until now.
Sign-up for the eOption Daily Market Report
eOption’s Daily Market Report is a timely and informative service detailing equities that have recently met classic chart pattern conditions for bullish and bearish equities. To receive the eOption Daily Market Report, you must be a current client and have a current email address on file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your account and enroll for electronic statements or confirms. More Information