Market News and Analysis
- 05/21/2013 Yahoo buys Tumblr for $1.1 billion: Yahoo is betting big on social media with a recent purchase.
- 05/17/2013 US stocks edge up on leading indicators, strong consumer confidence: U.S. stocks advanced on May 17, after leading indicators and consumer sentiment increased more than initially expected.
- 05/17/2013 Stocks fluctuate amid lackluster economic reports: After Standard & Poor's 500 Index climbed to record highs on May 15, the following day of trading was met with fluctuating gains and losses, as "disappointing economic" information came to light.
- 04/10/2013 Google Glass will be prohibited in some establishments: Consumers across the globe got excited when Google announced Google Glass, however, some might have to wait until they are able to use it.
- 04/03/2013 Harvard reports low admission rates: Four of the top Ivy League universities in the nation recently reported that they've experienced record-low freshman admission rates for the upcoming academic year.
- 03/28/2013 Unemployment rate continues to trend downward: For the first time in months, the jobless rate in the country reached one of its highest points.
- 03/28/2013 Apple wins Twitter battle against Samsung: Over the past few years, consumers and analysts alike have been attempting to figure out what the better product is between Samsung and Apple products.
- 03/27/2013 J.C. Penney unveils new marketing tactic: Over the past few years, the major retailer J.C. Penney's has been under a lot of scrutiny regarding its market losses.
- 03/26/2013 T-Mobile to offer iPhone 5 this April: T-Mobile recently announced that it will be offering the iPhone 5 on April 12.
- 03/26/2013 Sony reveals new mobile device: As the battle of smartphones continue in the consumer marketplace, one company recently decided to release its own mobile device that isn't expected to be one of the top competitors.
- 03/22/2013 Coca-Cola laying off 750 employees, revamping image: Coca-Cola Co. recently announced it will be laying off hundreds of its employees due to the fact that it is planning on downsizing its distribution regions within the next few months from seven to three.
- 03/22/2013 Lululemon recalls large amount of yoga pants, stock drops: Yoga has become one of the most popular forms of exercise across the globe in recent years.
- 03/20/2013 FedEx shares drop, cuts back on air capacity to Asia: FedEx recently released its quarterly profit, which was significantly less than what financial analysts initially predicted.
- 03/19/2013 Consumers gaining interest in smart TVs: Over the past few years, technology companies have been making their own versions of smart televisions that enable users to connect to the internet to access websites like Netflix and Hulu Plus.
- 03/18/2013 Fast food corporations expanding throughout Europe: Over the past few years, McDonald's has been expanding its brand throughout Russia.
- 03/13/2013 US sales increase, stocks fall: Sales throughout American retailers increased in February for the first time in five months, which exceeded all analysts' predictions.
- 03/07/2013 Krispy Kreme expected to make a comeback: After years going unnoticed, Krispy Kreme doughnuts might be making a name for itself again.
- 03/05/2013 J.C. Penney hits all-time low, heads to court with Macy's: For the third year in a row, J.C. Penney Co. hit its lowest slump after one of the corporation's biggest shareholders sold half of its stake.
- 03/04/2013 New trial set for Apple, Samsung patent case: Over the past few years, Apple and Samsung have made headlines for the two electronic giants go head to head in one of the nation's most major copyright infringement lawsuits.
- 03/01/2013 Andrew Mason fired from Groupon: Over the past few months, Groupon Inc.'s CEO Andrew Mason has been the subject of a lot of scrutiny.
- 03/01/2013 Barnes and Noble market not what it was expected to be: After what is generally the company's most successful quarter of the year, Barnes and Noble had one of its worst yet.
- 03/01/2013 Google releases new laptop: As other companies have been continuing to try their best to developed new and improved versions of their products and browsers on a regular basis, some experts are wondering if Google's latest invention is overkill.
- 03/01/2013 High-yield bond prices on the rise: Some financial experts are referring to corporate credit and high yield bonds as "exuberantly and irrationally priced," according to Bloomberg.
- 03/01/2013 Nokia attempting to beat BlackBerry in market: Over the past few months, the Finnish corporation Nokia has been attempting to regain its feet among its competitors, however, hasn't been too successful.
- 02/28/2013 Sears, Kmart struggle to make sales: Within the past few years, there have been many major retailers negatively affected by the former economic collapse.
- 02/15/2013 Nook sales down, Google tablet generating revenue: Within the past few years, the market for tablets has increased significantly among consumers throughout the world.
- 02/13/2013 Nokia recreating image to raise profile: As products like the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy III continue to dominate the smartphone market, there are some smartphones that are frequently forgotten, but are also faring well alongside their competitors.
- 02/13/2013 Smaller business owners optimistic: One of the reasons that some business managers have been upset is due to the recent tax increases that went into effect this year.
- 02/11/2013 Apple, Microsoft go head-to-head in tablet market: Since Apple introduced its iPad to the market several years ago, other technology corporations have developed their own tablets.
- 02/08/2013 Samsung devices most desired Android products: A recent report conducted by the analytics application Localytics revealed that Samsung is currently dominating the Android products in terms of consumer's choice.
Sign-up for the eOption Daily Market Report
eOption’s Daily Market Report is a timely and informative service detailing equities that have recently met classic chart pattern conditions for bullish and bearish equities. To receive the eOption Daily Market Report, you must be a current client and have a current email address on file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your account and enroll for electronic statements or confirms. More Information