- 09/30/2011 Diversification methodology is key to comfortable retirement: When planning retirement, an individual needs to allocate their resources in the most effective way to achieve their investment objectives.
- 09/28/2011 McCormick releases Q3 2011 financial results: McCormick and Company, Inc. reported its Q3 results for fiscal year 2011 on September 28.
- 09/28/2011 Accenture's Q4 earnings spiked 37 percent: Earnings for Ireland-based technology giant Accenture (ACN:NYSE) spiked 37 percent in the company's fiscal fourth quarter.
- 09/28/2011 Walgreens reports 69 percent surge in earnings: Walgreens fiscal Q4 earnings surged 69 percent to reach $792 million, or 87 cents per share, from $470 million, or $0.49 per share during the same quarter last year.
- 09/27/2011 U.S. consumer confidence remains at post-recession low in September: U.S. consumer confidence lingered near its lowest point of the recovery in September as surveyed households expressed the least optimism related to finding jobs in almost 30 years.
- 09/27/2011 ASUS Ultrabook series will launch October 11: Computer manufacturer ASUS will launch its latest line of laptops on October 11.
- 09/27/2011 Silver experiences two-day slide on global economic concerns: Silver dropped on both Friday and Monday as traders worried about the European debt crisis and its potential impact on the economy pulled out of commodities.
- 09/27/2011 Rite Aid Q2 loss decreases, results beat analyst estimates: Rite Aid announced its Q2 results on Thursday, September 23, which indicated a smaller loss than the same period last year.
- 09/27/2011 Nike announces profit rose 15 percent in Q1: Nike announced on September 22 that its Q1 earnings increased 15 percent to $645 million from $559 million during the same period last year.
- 09/23/2011 Copper hits one-year low on global economic woes: Copper plummeted below $8,000 a ton on September 22, which represented its lowest point in a year.
- 09/23/2011 United Technologies will acquire Goodrich in $18.5 billion transaction: United Technologies announced late on Wednesday September 21 that it will acquire Goodrich Corporation in a deal that is worth $18.4 billion, consisting of $16.5 billion in cash and $1.9 billion in debt.
- 09/23/2011 Earnings spike for Discover: Discover Financial Services announced Thursday that its Q2 net income increased to $649 million or $1.18 per share, from $261 million or 47 cents per share during the same quarter last year.
- 09/22/2011 Crude futures fall after Fed announcement: Futures for crude oil dropped on September 21 after the Federal Reserve announced its latest plan to stimulate the economy by altering its $1.65 trillion portfolio of securities.
- 09/22/2011 Gold drops after Fed announcement: Gold fell as the Federal Reserve announced that it would adjust its $1.65 trillion portfolio of securities, which lessened demand for the previous metal as a safe haven.
- 09/22/2011 Q1 earnings report shows dropping profit for General Mills: General Mill Inc.'s net income fell 14 percent in the first quarter, but the adjusted results surpassed the expectations of Wall Street.
- 09/22/2011 Wheat increases as weather conditions may reduce crops: Wheat rose on September 21 amid trader speculation that U.S. weather conditions may lower yields for the commodity.
- 09/20/2011 Consumer confidence increases slightly in September: Consumers became slightly more confident in the economy in the beginning of September, with The Thomson Reuters/University of Michigan preliminary index of consumer sentiment increasing from its lowest level since November 2008.
- 09/20/2011 Standard and Poor's cuts Italy's credit rating: Ratings agency Standard and Poor's (S&P) cut Italy's credit rating, providing the country with its first credit downgrade in five years.
- 09/19/2011 Coffee drops for fifth consecutive day on stable stockpiles, cocoa slides: Coffee dropped for a fifth day in New York amid stockpiles that remain stable before harvests begin in Central America and Colombia.
- 09/19/2011 Seven states want AT&T/T-Mobile merger blocked: Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley and attorneys general from six other states have joined the Department of Justice (DOJ) lawsuit seeking to prevent the merger between AT&T and T-Mobile USA from happening.
- 09/19/2011 Hyundai Veloster will be priced less than its competitors: Hyundai's (HYMTF:NASDAQOTH) Veloster, which was showcased at the 2011 Detroit International Auto Show, will be priced less than its competitors.
- 09/19/2011 Research in Motion publishes dire second quarter earnings report: Research in Motion, (RIM) the makers of the popular Blackberry line of smartphones, released a grim second-quarter earnings report Thursday, September 15 that was far below Wall Street's forecasts for sales and earnings.
- 09/16/2011 Kohl's releases Q2 earnings report and re-releases past earnings: Kohl's Corporation released its second-quarter 10-Q Tuesday and restated its earnings for the first quarter as well as fiscal year 2010.
- 09/15/2011 Manufacturing output weak in August with exception of autos: Manufacturing output grew at a meager pace in August.
- 09/15/2011 U.S. consumer confidence reaches second-lowest level of 2011: Consumer confidence in the United States hit its second-lowest point in 2011 as the index for measuring consumer desire to buy plummeted to its lowest level since October 2008.
- 09/14/2011 Best Buy stock drops 25 percent: Investors engaged in a massive sell-off of Best Buy shares on Tuesday which caused the company's stock to drop 25 percent.
Sign-up for the eOption Daily Market Report
eOption’s Daily Market Report is a timely and informative service detailing equities that have recently met classic chart pattern conditions for bullish and bearish equities. To receive the eOption Daily Market Report, you must be a current client and have a current email address on file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your account and enroll for electronic statements or confirms. More Information