Stock and ETF Trading
- 05/09/2013 S&P caps fifth consecutive day at record high: After hitting an all-time high last week , the S&P hasn't stopped, closing on May 8 for the fifth consecutive day of record highs. The Dow also kept a strong pace, hitting a record high for the second day in a row, moving further past the 15,000 mark.
- 05/06/2013 Dow hits its 'sweet spot': The Dow Jones Industrial Average reached 15,000 for the first time ever on May 3, providing optimism for a continuing economic recovery.
- 04/29/2013 S&P likely to finish at record high: Standard & Poor's 500 Index was trading just above its highest finish ever finish hit two weeks ago, as it was up 12.12 points at 1,594.56 in the afternoon of April 29. Technology was the top performer of the ten major sectors.
- 04/16/2013 What JC Penney needs to do to regain strength: After JC Penney officials announced that Ron Johnson would be stepping down from his position as CEO of the corporation, some analysts are concerned whether or not the retail giant will be able to recover from his mistakes.
- 04/16/2013 Advantages of active ETFs: Within the past 10 years exchange-traded funds have become one of the most popular investments due to the fact that they come with so many advantages.
- 04/15/2013 T-Mobile attracts customers with new payment plan option for iPhone: T-Mobile started offering the iPhone 5 to qualifying consumers on April 11.
- 04/11/2013 Family Dollar profits not as high as originally forecast: The second largest dollar store in the U.S. recently announced that it didn't have as strong of profits that it expected to due to the fact that consumers are shopping less in order to save money.
- 04/05/2013 Trade gap gets tighter as crude oil imports fall: The U.S. trade gap downsized in February after crude oil imports fell to the lowest they've been since March 1996.
- 04/05/2013 Bond traders losing influence in market: More than 20 percent of the $538 billion of Treasury notes that have been auctioned off this year have been given to bidders who used a website to place their orders, according to data collected by the U.S. Treasury Department.
- 01/28/2013 S&P could break eight year record for daily gains : The SP 500 Index reached its longest winning streak since 2004, as U.S. stock futures rose on January 25.
- 01/09/2013 Stock market increases on corporation's Q4 reports: U.S. stocks went up on January 9, squelching a two-day streak of declines for the Standard & Poor's 500 Index.
- 01/08/2013 Amazon stock reaches record high on e-commerce growth: Amazon stock recently jumped to record high after Morgan Stanley said the company's e-commerce market will grow with its network of distribution centers.
- 01/04/2013 E-commerce spending up from last year: This past holiday season saw an increased amount of e-commerce spending, although it was not as high as one firm initially anticipated.
- 12/31/2012 US at the edge of the cliff: Even while standing at the edge of the fiscal cliff's spending cuts and tax increases set to kick in 2013, accounting for $600 billion, U.S. stocks still rose December 31.
- 12/21/2012 ICE buys NYSE to the tune of $8.2 billion: IntercontinentalExchange agreed to purchase New York Stock Exchange Euronext for $8.2 billion, betting that the market will get better.
- 12/19/2012 Investors talking over a cup of coffee: In a recent deal, the owner of Peet's Coffee and Tea is buying Caribou Coffee in a contract valued at $340 million.
- 12/14/2012 Jobless claims, consumer spending rebound: The U.S. Labor Department recently reported that jobless claims decreased by 29,000 in November to 343,000, reaching levels that were seen before Hurricane Sandy.
- 12/12/2012 Groupon stock suffering: Growth of Groupon stock is slowing and investors are finding it harder to purchase.
- 12/10/2012 Netflix CEO in trouble for Facebook post: Netflix CEO Reed Hastings is in hot water with the Securities and Exchange Commission for a recent Facebook post.
- 12/05/2012 Pandora stock in free fall: Pandora Media stock fell in trading as the company recently announced its losses are expected to be greater than their initial forecast.
- 11/30/2012 Stocks steady as fiscal cliff looms: Standard & Poor's 500 Index is expected to show its second consecutive week of gains as stocks remain relatively unchanged, despite the looming fiscal cliff.
- 11/26/2012 Social media and mobile devices encouraging shopping wherever and whenever: According to Bloomberg and industry experts, online retailers are expected to break sales records during this holiday season.
- 11/21/2012 Black Friday and Cyber Monday forthcoming: Everyone knows Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving when shoppers can find in-store deals during the holiday season, but a new day has been coined for the Monday following Black Friday.
- 11/15/2012 Abercrombie & Fitch stock surges: Abercrombie & Fitch posted a 30 percent gain in stock on November 14, accounting for the company's largest one-day increases since debuting in 1996.
- 11/13/2012 Sherwin-Williams to buy Comex for $2.4 billion: Sherwin-Williams, the largest U.S. paint retailer, recently announced it is spending $2.4 billion to purchase Mexican paint business Consorcio Comex, as improving real estate has allowed for the purchase.
- 11/12/2012 Groupon stock falls 30 percent: Groupon, the largest daily deal website, is struggling in the stock market after falling to a record low after reporting third quarter revenue fell short of estimates, Bloomberg reported.
- 11/09/2012 Priceline buys Kayak: Priceline recently announced that it is buying out Kayak Software to the tune of $1.8 billion, in order to add search tools to its website that will help consumers book flights and hotels.
- 11/07/2012 Amazon Prime Instant Video on sale: Amazon has started testing its Prime Instant Video, setting the price of thousands of films for $7.99 a month.
- 11/05/2012 LinkedIn's stock rises: LinkedIn's stock increased recently as the company reported sales higher than analysts' expectations.
- 11/02/2012 Auto industry's October transaction prices and sales: TrueCar, an authority in car pricing, trends, information and forecasts recently released estimates on the average transaction price for cars sold in October.
Sign-up for the eOption Daily Market Report
eOption’s Daily Market Report is a timely and informative service detailing equities that have recently met classic chart pattern conditions for bullish and bearish equities. To receive the eOption Daily Market Report, you must be a current client and have a current email address on file. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or login to your account and enroll for electronic statements or confirms. More Information